Sunday, December 13, 2009

Making Demands

There are ways of getting what you want from me. If it is legal and within policy, anyway. If you ask me once, and politely, I will try.

However, kicking your door and making demands is not on that list.

That little jackass that I slammed out on the rec yard a couple of weeks ago got himself moved out of C-wing the other day. I don't know who moved him or why. It was a bad idea.

Anyway, he got Chucks attention this evening and basically told him that he wanted to check in from his cellie. When Chuck questioned him further he found out that he wants to be moved in with one of our flamers over in B-wing. He was told that that person was in a cell by himself and was going to stay in a cell by himself. He was not going to be moved in with him, period.

Later on while Chuck and some new guy were doing med pass, this nitwit starts kicking on his door screaming that he had a medical emergency. Sgt Miz P knows this nimrod is trouble so she went into the wing with me. The conversation went like this:

Me: Is there a problem here?
Nitwit: I don't want to talk to you. I want to talk to Sarge!
Me: I'm asking you, is there a problem here?
Nitwit: I'm not talking to you! Let me talk to the sarge!

I looked at her and she shook her head and walked away. I did the same thing. He started kicking his door. I really felt like saying (in a very loud voice) "So you have decided you are in love with another man and you think Sarge is going to move you in with him? I don't think so!"

But that would have felt good so I knew I shouldn't say things like that. I didn't. But I sure thought about it.

Sarge told Chuck and the new guy and the nurse not to open that door or even the chuck hole for any reason. They didn't and he was still in there making demands as I left. I'm sure midnight shift will move him. That's what they do. But hopefully not where he wants to go. I hope thay have that much sense.

But I do wonder sometimes.

Sarge and I have a good arrangement. If an inmate wants something, they talk to one of us first. If they can't tell us what they want, then she won't listen to them at all. because if one of us doesn't think it's a good idea, then it's not happening. Period.

I'm sure this idiot is going to end up getting someone else hurt before we manage to get him transferred to a C-5 camp where he belongs. He's just young and stupid enough that he doesn't really realize how bad he is screwing up his life.

Let's just hope we can keep him from killing someone before he learns the lesson.

But I have my doubts about that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment