Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let's Play.......

The Check-In game! Sgt LB calls it "Musical Motherfuc*ers". Oh yeah...... you wanna see a bunch of really really pissed off Hive officers? Start playing this game.

Let's get two rules straight right from the beginning:

1. This house is not a dating service.
and
2. If you piss me off enough, I am going to make you regret it.

Tonight we were busy as hell. Only three or four lockups, but three r&o's from other camps right off the bus and two outcount returns.

And as soon as my crew hit the door the check in notes started flying.

If an inmate sends out a note that says "I am in fear for my life" we have to move him out of the cell as soon as possible. They all know that and do it often trying to get into a cell with someone they want to be in with.

Like any loophole in the system, they abuse it.

Tonight they over-abused it.

I don't think any of them actually got where they wanted to be. We work hard to try and avoid giving them what they want. On occasion we mess up, but it happens.

We were so busy and things were so nuts for the first three hours of the shift I don't think I managed to smoke or sit down once in that time. That gawd KP and BG were there. BG kept the food service thing going and KP stopped me from breaking a few of the inmates, I think.

We were getting a little testy. And I am actually surprised we got through the night without having to thump anybody.

KP and I managed to sneak out for a smoke about 7:30, I think. The first one of the night.

Whew! I'm glad it's friday. Being on days for the beginning of the week has got me alll screwed up.

I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment