Monday, December 28, 2009

Droppin' Dimes In The Ol' Karma Meter

I must be doing something right. Just missed out on two different uses of force yesterday. I thought it was going to go bad both times.

And then today of all things.........

I got to work and walked up to the metal detector and started dumping stuff out of my pockets. Oh snap! I realized I left my smokes and my zippo in the truck. Had the lads up front keep an eye on my gear and trotted back out to get them, all the while thinking to myself "That would have been a bad way to start the day."

When I get back in I hear "10-49! 10-49! A- yard!" over someone else's radio. Hoo boy.

If I hadn't had to walk back to my truck I would have been standing right there when the fight broke out and would have had to run and get involved. As it was, I missed it completely.

I must be doing something right.

And when I get down to the house Ms. Nancynurse is in there with some newbie nurse. She looked half scared to death. BG tells me "She just wants to do one or two cells, just so she can see how medpass is done down here!"

Yeah, right. I've fallen for that one before. I grumble and gripe and call her a pushy beeotch in front of the newbie (probably scaring her even more) and glove up to get it done.

To my immense surprise, we only do one cell's worth of meds and we're done with the demonstration.

Holy snap! You mean.... I didn't have to do the whole house? Well.................!

I must be doing something right.

And then tonight when they send Chuck this loud doofus fresh off of OJT who seems to think he knows everything to work the floor with him and we get stupid busy with lockups......

I just pretty much got to do rec.

I must be doing something right.

I have a feeling I'm going to be paying for this. If not tomorrow, the soon.

Hey, buddy! You spare a dime?

No comments:

Post a Comment