Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quality Is Our Middle Name (Not really)

Finally, after all of these months of training and working out since my last use of force, honing my body to be an effective and lethal weapon, I got to beat the snap out of something.

The filing cabinet.

Sucker jammed up on us and we couldn't get it open. Some little plastic doodad on the side of one of the drawers slid sideways and gummed up the works. I jerked and pulled and pried with a broom handle and the sucker still wouldn't open!

Luckily for me, I moved the coffee pot so it wouldn't get broken (don't want that on my hands, no sirree bob!) but unluckily I forgot to move the two cups of sugar sitting atop the microwave. They dumped all down the front of me. I was shaking sugar out of my duty belt for hours.

But we got it open. It was a team effort. And we unscrewed the little plastic doodad and threw it away so it won't happen again.

Yay for us!

I was beginning to think that was going to be the high point of my day until I overheard the following radio traffic:
"A-Chapel to A-yard officer.... the A-Chapel toilet was found to be plugged up but not overflowing."

Followed by a semi-confused sounding "10-4?"

Boy, I'm sure glad he reported that. The whole rest of the night was just an anticlimax.

Yeah, it was one of those nights.

1 comment:

  1. The A-Chapel toilet plugged up? Oh, the horror! Nice job on the filing cabinet, though. Now, if I could just quit singing "No sugar tonight in my coffee, no sugar tonight in my tea, no sugar to stand beside me, no sugar to walk with me, na na na na......"

    ReplyDelete