Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm An Educational Toy!

Somebody came up to me today and said "I figured out it was you writing that blog." If it had been anybody but her, I would have denied everything. But she had a smile on her face so I knew it was cool.

It was KP's missus. She goes by "Turtle" and I figure that's a good enough name. Maybe Miz Turtle, just to be formal. She's one of our cooks. I don't fault her for the food, it's not her doing.

At any rate, Miz Turtle, who has been around the DOC for quite a spell (longer than me, I think) was telling me about how much she learned just from reading my posts.

I should have warned her not to read too much of it at one time. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, loss of earlobes and may cause sexual dysfunction. If you find yourself reading this blog for longer than four hours, contact your doctor immediately.

Hee hee hee!

Ok, all silliness aside, she told me that even though KP had been working with the department for a few years, she never really knew how much crap we had to put up with. Especially down here in the Hive. She would only come down with the food and stay maybe an hour at a time so she never really got the full treatment. Her responsibilty for the food ends when it gets put onto the trays. What happens after that is our ballywick.

So.... I'm educational. I can live with that.

If something good comes out of this muck spewing from my brain then...... cool. I mostly do this just to keep my head from exploding. And it's slightly less painful than whacking myself in the forehead with a ball peen hammer. I imagine it's the same reason that KP writes his stories. To clean up the clutter and sort things out. And if you ask me quietly and politely, I'll send you the link to his and Miz Turtles site. It will make you smile and laugh and go "Oh, snap!"

So be warned! If you stick around long enough you might learn something.

But if your brain gets too large for your head, don't blame me. You were warned.

5 comments:

  1. LOL...I was wondering what was wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you were good for something.... what, I had no idea. Just kidding, Rev. Educational toy might not have been might my first guess, though. Some other kind of toy. Have to consult with Mrs. Rev on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOCU.

    Heh.

    Battery-operated correctional unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tango- My writing is like cayenne pepper... a little bit goes a long way. Step away and watch a few episodes of "The Simpsons" and you'll feel much better.

    BA- Ms Rev says I'm just here to do the heavy lifting and to reach the tall stuff.

    Slapchop- Bocu... I like that. Now I just need a taser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice collections/information about toys,here i have got more about different type of toys and gifts for the kids like unique educational toys, smile educational toys, educational toys store, educational toys and many more...

    ReplyDelete