Thursday, August 27, 2009

On The Seventh Day, He Rested

No, I'm not having delusions of grandeur. I'm just tired. Yesterday I spent most of the day building a rolling rack for all of my plywood and sheet goods type stuff. I had this huge unruly pile of plywood and plastic over by the shop door and it kept spilling out. And of course anything I wanted was always at the back of the pile.

So I went and bought some more heavy duty wheels and a few more 2x4's and built a rolling rack that I could swing out to get the stuff out I wanted. And when I got it built and loaded it was almost too heavy to roll across the floor. And it is so heavy that the floor has to be clean for it to move.

Good reason for me to keep the floor swept often, I guess.

By the time I got done building and stacking everything I was too tired to move anymore. And every time I did move, something in my body went "snap". Snap!

So today I rested.

I played 3 games of Risk against the computer. Lost 2 of them. I played Mafia Wars on My Space. I read The Artemis Fowl Files by Eoin Colfer and started The Tales Of Beedle The Bard by J.K. Rowling. I watched John Carpenters "The Thing" and when my daughter came home from school we watched Ray Bradburys "Something Wicked This Way Comes" while we ate dinner. I took my daughter out to drive some more and started teaching her how to parallel park. I should have covered again coming to a complete stop before putting the truck in park.

Yeah, that's important. The truck and I both survived.

Tomorrow I've got some more work to do down in the shop. There's a few bats of insulation that needs to get put in up in the loft storage area. I guess that is my cue to clean out the loft, eh? That is probably going to take all day.

I need to go back to work so I don't need to work so hard, I think. And just think, I only have to work for five days and I get another week off!

Oh.... snap.

2 comments:

  1. I go to work to get some rest, sometimes even nice naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this post is worthless without pictures....don't you?

    ReplyDelete