Saturday, December 18, 2010

There's No Joy In Mudville

Well...... snap. I didn't get my job bid. Sausage got it.

Good for him. Pfui for me.

All I got in my mailbox was a letter from the Major stating:

I have received your application wherein you expressed an interest in the above position. However, you are ineligible to bid due to D2-2.22 Job Assignment Bids REV 11-22-09- Employees who have been awarded a post shall remain on the job assignment for a minimum of 180 days from the date of assignment before they are eligible to bid on another job assignment.

I kinda figured that was going to happen, but it still sucks.

So now I'm stuck for awhile longer. Hell, practically forever. In order to get a spot on the yard you pretty much have to wait until someone retires or dies.

Or falls in lust and wants different days off.

It could happen.

Aw hell. Tomorrow is National Roast Suckling Pig Day.

And me without a suckling pig in the freezer. Snap!

3 comments:

  1. I talked to some of the yard staff and there is no joy on the muddy yard. I speak for myself I did not bid on the job because i'm content with mine. However how could a QUALIFIED OFFICER get passed up for an AIRHEAD who does not have a clue of his surroundings because he can't shut the hell up about storyland. Of course this is the time to insert my disclaimer and shut up.
    I get this strange feeling that Uncle T. might decide the great white north is looking better AYE..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Or falls in lust and wants different days off."

    At first I thought you were talking about two separate scenarios, but then I got the gist of what you're saying. "I need Tuesdays off. That's the only time I can see my Sally."

    ReplyDelete