Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Not Easy To Please Sometimes

Since I was out sick Friday, I remembered to call last night and ask where I was supposed to be today. Lt. Pinocchio said I was on B-yard.

So I dressed up for the yard.

A few minutes after I had gotten here he had me sounding like that goat on the Aflac commercial.

"I put you up in the control center."

"E-e-e-eh!"

"Or you can swap with TireGuy down in 30 house."

"Na-a-a-h!"

"Or you can swap with Sausage and work the library."

"Na-a-a-h!" I thought about the options for a few minutes and recalled the weather report.

"I'll work the control center."

It wasn't so bad this time. I wasn't quite as nervous as I was the first time and I actually managed to work the back panel the entire night without hitting the clean screen button once and locking myself out. I was so proud.

Spent the night up there with Sgt Puddle and Miz Twang. We had a pretty good time. I suspect that I should learn that nefarious count sheet, just in case the world decides to come to an end and they put me up there on the desk.

Oooooh, that just wouldn't be pretty.

Goosey's bid is up already. I'm going to drop a bid on it. By the time they come down I will still be twenty days shy of actually being eligible to bid. I'm hoping nobody notices that. And it stands that since it's the middle of winter maybe nobody else will want it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is of course Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day and Cotton Candy Day as well. Let us raise a sticky hand in salute to all of our veterans.

1 comment: