Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oops

I went home early last night, took my meds, went to bed and forgot to post anything.

Doofus!

Been fighting off a little sinusy thing for the last few days. The weather keeps changing from warm to cold and back again. Had a sore throat and some serious drippage going on and haven't slept good for a couple of nights. That OTC night time cold medication was giving me some of the weirdest dreams I've had since I tried Chantix. Woof!

Anyway, I went to bed at about 10:30 last night thinking I'd catch up on my sleep.

Fail.

Woke up again at 3:00 am. Tossed and turned until about 5:00 and gave up. Apparently my internal clock is set for about five hours and won't let me slumber for any longer than that. I'm not exactly sure what that's all about, but it's pissing me off something fierce.

On to other things.

About three years ago the Watcher got me interested in a web comic called Dominic Deegan, Oracle For Hire. Interesting comic done in kind of a unique style and the characters use a lot of real bad puns and odd jokes and it's an entertaining read. Check it out here, if you like.

The artist, who calls himself Mookie, lives out on the east coast somewhere. I'm thinking Boston or somewhere like that. I always thought it would be fun to meet him if I ever got the chance, but I figured it would never happen.

It turns out that there's an anime convention about ninety miles away from here next month and Mookie is going to be there. I got hold of the Watcher and asked him if he wanted to go. Of course he did. So we are making plans.

Now the thought of the Watcher and I loose in a convention hall packed to the rafters with little teeny bopper cosplay girls and fanboys is a little disturbing. If it wasn't for Mookie I wouldn't get within ten kilometers of the place. It could turn out to be really fun or something that you will see on CNN later. I guess we'll see.

Today is Festival Of Life In The Cracks Day.

Not exactly sure which cracks they are referring to.

Maybe I don't want to know.

It's also National Telephone day.

At least that one I can understand.

2 comments:

  1. "Mookie", wasn't he the guy in Do the Right Thing?

    I guess we can check Massachusetts State Whatever off the list of your possible location. 49 more states to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan- Yup. Mookie was played by Spike Lee in that flick. This is a completely different one, though. Looks kind of like a young Frank Zappa. Weird awful sense of humor. When I started reading his comic I got so interested I spent an entire weekend reading back through the two year backlog of strips so I could get current. I'll narrow it down a little further for you. I'm neither in Utah nor Georgia. And from my descriptions of the weather you can also rule out Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete