Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Big Angry Mess

Big Mess came in today and learned about the cuts.

To say he was angry was putting it mildly. I kept waiting for him to yell "It's Clobberin' Time!!!"

Not a happy camper.

So he's bidding out. He doesn't want to get caught off in a wreck either. I don't much blame him. I don't want to be anywhere near the place when it goes bad. But then I don't want to be too far away, either. I still have alot of friends down there.

The whole thing sucks.

This morning I spent an hour or so sending out angry emails to the Governor and the Senator and Congressman and State Rep. Trying to explain that what they are doing there is going to get someone hurt.

I got alot of form letters back.

Imagine that.

As long as it isn't immediately affecting their pocketbooks, they don't really much care, it seems. We have all been saying for the last couple of days that it's going to take someone getting hurt and filing a lawsuit to make them put more people back in the Adseg unit.

And that is pretty sad. Everyone I have talked to at work is just stunned that they are pulling us out of the house. They say it's just crazy.

And it is.

I still don't know for sure how all of this is going to play out. I guess I'll just wait and see.

And try to be nearby if things go bad.

What else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment