Monday, January 25, 2010

A Bittersweet Moment Among The Chaos

She knew what she was doing.

She always knows what she is doing. I guess it's one of those nurse things they teach in school.

I was sitting at the cheap worn government issue desk and wrestling with the computer when she entered the room. It wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. And the computer was winning.

With great deliberation she wiggled her pert little bottom into the chair next to the desk, making sure I could see her in full profile. One hand darted into the side pocket of her colorful scrub shirt and pulled out a Cadbury egg, her brightly colored nails making short work of the foil wrapper.

She skinned that thing until it was naked as a...... well, until it was naked as an egg, for chrissakes.

She glanced at me out of the corner of her eye and then lifted the chocolate to her full lips and slowly sucked it into her mouth.

I thought to myself "Snap! Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?"

Her lips engulfed the egg and then she slowly, almost tauntingly, slid it partly back out again, her too-white teeth shearing off the end with an almost vicious bite.

Somewhere in the middle of that I completely forgot my feud with the computer.

Go figure.

Her sensuous lips closed again on the candy and she slowly began drawing the creme filling out of the egg and into her warm willing mouth.

I noticed a puddle of drool building up in my lap but couldn't bring my mind around to doing anything about it. I tried desperately to distract myself by thinking about Duluth and doorknobs and Dumbeldore and other things beginning with "D" but it was no good. At that point it would have taken a sharp blow with a ball peen hammer to my forehead to peel my eyes off of her lips.

She slid the now nearly empty chocolate shell out of her mouth and her slim pink tongue darted out to finish emptying the last of the creme filling. My brain entered a sort of zen state and I could very nearly see every single molecule of creme filling as it disappeared.

Then she tossed the last of the egg almost carelessly into her mouth, chewed it up and swallowed. Then she got up from the chair, and with a mischievous smile in her eye, winked at me and wiggled her way out of the office.

Sarge said "You gonna finish that file or what?"

I replied "Zimbabwe" or some other such nonsense, my mind still many many miles away.

I think that damn nurse does that stuff to me on purpose.

8 comments:

  1. *cacklechoke*

    Zimbabwe....it made sense at the time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i truely laughed out loud...does that make me mean?
    loopy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if sarge had sat down next to you and done all that would you still have said Zimbabwe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddy- Oh yeah, I did. Big time.

    Amy- I'm not sure exactly what I said. It sounded kind of like "zimbabwe". It might have just been a strangling noise.

    Loopy- No, it doesn't make you mean. But that nurse is definitely mean.

    Anon- If it had been Sgt Miz P, I would have broken out in a sweat all over again. If it was Sgt LB, I would have run screaming from the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah now, that would be a good damn joke. I wonder if either Sarge would cooperate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She turned about 4 shades of red with embarrassment when she read this. Now if I could only get to to do that at home...hubba hubba..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon- They both would have done it, but i don't think either one of them could have kept a straight face.

    Squiddly- She practically dared me to write it then complained when I didn't. Maybe I should hang a big sign around my neck stating "Don't tease the old guy."

    ReplyDelete