Saturday, April 25, 2009

Summing It All Up

Day nine of my vacation. The very last day I get to sit home and do nothing. For awhile, anyway. Probably until about this time next year.

And what do I have to show for it?

Very little, I'm afraid. I spent the lions share of my time right here in front of my 'puter. Blogging, playing games and watching movies. I just looked at the list and I watched eight movies in nine days.
Apocalypse Now
The Guns Of Navarone
Russian Ark (which was cool and incomprehensible because it was all in russian)
The Pink Panther
Enter The Dragon (Bruce lee)
Return Of The Dragon (even more Bruce Lee)
The Big Boss (Yet again Bruce Lee)
and Where The Buffalo Roam (not Bruce Lee, but close)

Kind of an eclectic list.

I also watched the entire set of Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital" which was mind-bending and bizarre.

And that was just what I watched on the computer. The wife and I also watched a few movies on the teevee including "The Spirit" which just came out this week. It was silly and schlocky and kind of stupid in spots but it was great fun. It was like reading the old Will Eisner comics. I enjoyed it, my daughter was bored by it and the wife thought it was so stupid she was mad at me for renting it.

Ah, well. You can't please everybody.

In the meantime I walked about ten miles on the treadmill, mowed the lawn and replaced the guts in both of our toilets. The water here is so hard we have to replace things about once a year.

And I played about twenty games of Risk on the computer. I never get tired of ruling the world, it seems.

What else? Hmmmm......

I've taken my daughter out to drive several times. She's getting pretty good and should be ready for her drivers test soon. I played about halfway through "Tomb Raider- Anniversary" for the Wii and all the way through (yet again) "Resident Evil 4".

It sounds pretty much like I spent the last nine days sitting on my butt. Which I did, for the most part. It was a vacation and I relaxed. Of course, I spent the first three days of it sick as a dog. But at least I got that over with.

So I'm all rested up and ready to go back to work tomorrow. I guess.

I hope something weird happens.

I'm running out of stuff to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment