Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wild Postcards From The Edge (Part 2)

So, except for the one from my Aunt from California, all of these have been posted from Portland, Oregon. This one gave me a bit of trivia that I didn't know before.


This one is signed "Tony". I know a Tony, but I think he lives in Hawaii now. And the one I knew didn't have this strange thing about fish.....


If anybody can give me any kind of clue on what this one says, I'd appreciate it. Or even what language that is. Some sort of Arabic, maybe? I don't recognize the letters at all.


And another bit of trivia and a very important safety tip. Don't fiddle with the wolverines.

Wolverines are really bad a*s mother.....

"Shut your mouth!"

Hey, I'm just talking about wolverines! (grin)

Song title, anyone?

So..... Thursday is going to be Toothache Day (oh, lawsy, I hope not!), Extraterrestrial Visitor Day, National Stop Bullying Day, Read In The Bathtub Day and National Bagels and Lox Day.

Have it with a shmear, even!

Oh snap! I almost forgot. I got my bid. I will be the relief Sergeant for 10 and 25 house. Two days here, two days there, one day utility with Wednesdays and Thursdays off. Not great days, but it's a start.

And I only get to work my new bid for a week before I have to go to training for a week. Nice...

8 comments:

  1. I don't know the song title off the top of my head, but you're talkin' 'bout Shaft.
    Which, for the record, is "[their] Citizen Kane."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinnie- You win! I don't know what you won. I'll think of something.

      Delete
  2. I love your sister and I don't even know her! Those are some awesome postcards!
    I WISH I could get some decent bagels and lox here in Southern MD. Locks but no lox. And I prefer a little padding to bare metal if I'm going to play ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolamouse- She's great, isn't she? I don't know why she's so nice to me. I suck as a big brother.

      Aaannndd.... yeah. I make covers for my stuff. More comfy that way.

      Delete
  3. those postcards = awesomeness. you know I love me some random wtf schtuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy- Then this is the place! My whole life is random WTF.

      Delete
  4. I did know that trivia about Ian Fleming. I think few enough people know that he created James Bond, let alone a magical car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brent- Most people don't know they were books before they were movies.

      Then again, most people don't read. Sad, really.

      Delete