Friday, February 3, 2012

A Whole Lotta Nothin' Goin' On


For a prison, nothing happening is a good thing. We like it when nothing happens. Alot.

For a blogger, it's not so good.

I spent most of my night prowling up and down the halls of 10 house. I was in the wings so much that I was starting to make my staff nervous so I had to dial it back a little bit. Just go visit once an hour or something.

Spent the rest of the evening outside smoking or in my office drinking coffee and reading.

I did find out that Miz Country is at home and doing better. Apparently she came down with some sort of infection that sent her blood pressure up and made her so sick.

I'm glad to hear she's on the mend and hopefully she'll be back at work soon.

I bid on the relief job, which is two days 10 house, two days 25 house and one day utility. So I want Miz Country back at work on my two days there. Need here there in 25 house to make the place run smooth.

If I get that job my days off will change to Weds/Thurs so I may change my blogging days as well. Might just go to seven days a week, who knows?

Gad. Probably not. That would kill me.

Anyway, I'm glad it was a much calmer night. One of my officers was sick but he refused to go home, saying he didn't feel that bad. So I made sure somebody kept an eye on him, just in case. Heck, I probably should have had him keep an eye on me as well. Still running a bit of a fever myself. Felt a little wobbly a couple of times.

But a heck of a lot better than I felt earlier in the week.

I'll take the weekend off and relax a bit. Especially so I don't get any more worried emails. (wink)

So Saturday is going to be Create A Vacuum Day (???), Liberace Day, Quacker (not Quaker) Day, Ice Cream For Breakfast Day and National Stuffed Mushroom Day. Yuck.

Sunday will be Disaster Day (Not for me, I hope), Weatherman's Day, Dump Your Significant Jerk Day and National Chocolate Fondue Day. Yum!

And Monday will be Lame Duck Day, Pay A Compliment Day, Babe Ruth's Birthday and National Frozen Yogurt Day.

Man, I hope I'm not a significant jerk....

2 comments:

  1. Is that Doug in the picture?

    I had Wednesdays and Thursdays off for a while when I worked security. I would come back to work on Friday night and all the 2nd shift miners would say as they were leaving, "Have a good weekend!", which is basically like hearing people tell you to gave a good weekend on Monday morning. I felt like growling and barking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan- maybe Doug is hiding in my blog!

    Every day here is somebody's Monday or Friday. We just all growl at each other in passing and it means the same thing.

    ReplyDelete