Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Got To Snarl At Somebody

Instead of being in 4 house like I thought, I got put out on A-yard this evening. It wasn't too bad. I had planned on spending most of the night talking zombies with TJ. Instead I spent most of the night talking about the price of silver with the Fireman and remodeling horror stories with KP.

It worked. Got to spend a little quality zombie time during the night while "making my rounds" which is Secret Sergeant Code for "I don't have anything to do so I'm going to wander around for awhile".

At one point the Troll from A-dining called me and had some violations for me to read. He's a pretty fair guy, but a stickler for the rules, especially around the food. A couple of his guys got caught without their hair nets and beard guards around the food. Apparently they had been warned before so he wrote violations this time.

They got their feelings hurt but I didn't really care. "I don't want to hear the long sad tale of your life, dude. He wrote it. I'm reading it. Here's your copy. Goodbye. Follow the rules and we won't have to do this again."

Then he asked me to stay and be a witness while he chewed a few of them out.

I was game.

He brought four guys in the office. They had snuck out early and left a mess in their area and someone else had to clean it up. But since it was the first time, he just chewed them out for about five minutes while I sat there and watched.

Finally he said "I could just cuff you up right here and send you to the Hive!" He pointed at me and said "Sarge is here and he'll back me up!"

Four heads swiveled in my direction and I just bared my teeth and snarled. They quickly looked away and stood wide-eyed but silent as he finished chewing their butts. Then they all vowed never to do it again and scurried away as fast as they could when he was done.

Some of this Sergeant stuff is easy. The hard part was not busting out laughing at the looks on their faces.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow to take care of some technical matters around the homestead. But I think I'll post maybe the first of at least a couple of days worth of stuff that I'm calling "Wild Postcards From The Edge".

Stay tuned! Same bat time! Same bat channel!

Tuesday is going to be Charles Dickens Day, Ballet Day, Wave ALL Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day (not just the one, remember!) and National Fettuccine Alfredo Day.

And P.S. Tomorrow is Sgt Uncle T's birthday. Wish him a happy one!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah I was looking forward to having you in four house but the crew I had wasn't to bad. I was just looking at my site stats and if I get 9 people today to read the new story I just posted I will hit 4000 page views. That is awesome. Like I have said before, I never thougt I would get over 10 haha. Thanks again for getting me to start a blog Rev. This is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TJ- I think you were up to 4001 by the time I left. Congrats! You deserve it!

      Delete
  2. Haaa....I just got a visual of meerkats all turning their heads at the same time with the same expression on all their faces........

    ReplyDelete
  3. You snarled?

    Was there an actual sound effect or are you talking about just showing your teeth part?

    Perhaps you could show us a picture of the snarl? Just of the nose down. You can keep your anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel- I lowered my head and it was a silent snarl, but it got the point across.

      And friends or no, nobody wants to get close up and personal with those chipped teeth and that grey mustache.

      Delete