Friday, February 17, 2012

Mostly Frozen

Curse this dang recurring flu! I thought I was all over it and it just keeps coming back.

I spend half the night last night under a big warm down comforter shivering. I was so cold that I couldn't relax enough to get to sleep.

And then when I finally did drop off I slept until almost 11:00! Good grief!

Thought I was feeling better until I got to work. Spent fifteen minutes outside on one of the warmest days we've had this winter (about 50 degrees) and it felt like it was forty below outside. I walked around until my body heated up but it's just been about twenty minutes ago that I finally managed to get my feet warm again.

One more night of my old bid left. Then I start my new spot as the 10-25 relief Sergeant.

I might not have many interesting things to write about in those places, but it will hopefully let me fly under the radar until my promotional probation is over.

After that I can go back to being the loudmouth opinionated jerk that I was before.

I had some more things to say, but I took some night time cold meds and I'm getting really drowsy. I'll save them for later.

And I have more postcards, too! Stay tuned!

Friday is going to be Champion Crab Races Day (not going there...), National PTA Founders Day, World Human Spirit Day and National Indian Pudding Day.

Okay, no matter how you look at it, Indian Pudding does not sound very tasty.

4 comments:

  1. Denis came home from Denver with a mild head cold and a really bad gut flu. The first 3 days he was home he didn't get far from the bathroom. He got over that in time for the head cold to explode into a full blown hacking coughing gallons of snot cold. He's getting better just in time to go back to Denver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Critter- I feel sorry for him. This one is nasty. Thought I had it licked and it keeps coming back. Yuck!!!

      Delete
  2. Indian pudding = baked custard with milk, butter, molasses, eggs, spices, and cornmeal? I'll have your share. With some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy- Okay, that doesn't sound too bad, I guess. Thought it might have real Indians in it or something. (grin)

      Delete