Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting The Old Run-Around

What I had hoped was going to be my first actual day in 25 house since getting my new bid turned into a day in the Hive instead.

I frowned and complained and pouted. None of that worked, so I went down there.

It was a calm night for us. Day shift was busy. But I figure if they didn't want to be busy, they wouldn't be in the Hive on day shift. Sorry, guys. No sympathy from me there.

They had locked up one of the wobbleheads earlier in the day and about 5:00pm or so he asked one of my officers where his property was. We looked at his file and.... sure enough, no property. He said he head an inhaler and he needed it.

We called 9 house and they said they would send it up.

Around 8:00pm we realized that we still hadn't got it, so we called again. They said they would send it up.

By 9:00pm I was getting a little ticked and I called Lt Sienna (actually trying to get Sgt Archer, who was on B-yard) and said "Hey, they locked this guy up at 10:00am. We still haven't gotten his property yet. Can you do something about that?"

He said "We will get right on that."

About 20 minutes later his property shows up. And when we search it, there's no inhaler.

Our nurse was down for med pass and I asked her to check on the computer and see if he had an inhaler. She said "Oh, no. He's from 9 house. You need to talk to one of their nurses. I can't get into any of that stuff."

Really. Okay.

I call the 9 house nurse and explain the situation. Just as soon as I say the word "inhaler" she cuts me off and says "Oh, no. All we have down here is the mental medicine." Saying it very slowly like I'm a freaking idiot. "You need to talk to medical or somebody else about that."

I just hung up before I decided to run down there and slap her.

I called medical and talked to another nurse. She said "Oh, no. We can't give him one. He has to turn in his old one before we can give him a new one. There's a nurse down there. Get her to help you."

What... the... freaking... ever.

I could see where this was going, all right.

Told my officers "He's beat. If he needs it he can call a medical emergency and we can take him to medical and let them deal with it. I'm done."

I know that there are a couple of good nurses in medical. But apparently none of them were working tonight.

If I ever fall out at work, somebody please call an ambulance or at least drag me out the front gate so those idiots don't get their hands on me.

And I'm not referring to the inmates, either.

Saturday is shaping up to be Pistol Patent Day (Samuel Colt), International Sword Swallowers Day (no kidding?) and National Clam Chowder Day.

Sword Swallowers Day.... Really. Wow.

4 comments:

  1. I'll pass on the swords and take another helping of chowder.

    "Saying it very slowly like I'm a freaking idiot."

    Oh, I love when people do that to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan- Oh, you have no idea how bad I wanted to smack her right then.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Noticed that you got rid of the captcha while I was moping around. Went back to last few posts and checked out the history of this development. Funny thing, I was complaining about these new captchas on Rachel Hoyt's blog yesterday. They're way too long, and practically unreadable. Glad to see I'm not alone. I think I'll have to try turning mine off and seeing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B2- yeah. I couldn't take it any more. And I was getting complaints and my replies were way down.

      Come on! All the cool kids are doing it!

      Delete