Saturday, December 24, 2011

They Are Giving me A Complex

If I though they were messing with my head bad before the promotion it's even worse now. None of the paperwork has me as a sergeant. I know it's only been a week, but come on!

Every time I look at the chrono to see where I am at next they have me scheduled in a COI spot. They always change it at the last minute. Last week I checked and I was 30 yard. Tonight I checked to see where I was supposed to be on Monday and they had me in the Control Center in Miz Twang's spot.

They are either extremely lazy or they are trying to hide me in reserve and hope nobody notices they have an extra sergeant or they are trying to yank my chain.

Or any combination of the above. I guess I'll call Sunday night and find out if they put me somewhere.

One of my gripes about being a COI was that we rarely got any real appreciation from supervisors. Of course there were some that went out of their way to say thank you now and then for just being there. But those were few and far between.

Just a simple "Hey, thanks alot, guys! Good work tonight." tends to go a long ways here. So I'm trying to remember to be supportive of my crew.

I had this conversation with ET out in the yard shack tonight:

Me: "I'm sure glad you and the Fireman were here tonight."

ET: "Why?"

Me: "You guys are the yard dawgs. You know what needs to be done. I don't get out on this yard all that much."

ET: "You work out here. You know what's going on. What are you trying to pull?"

Me: "I'm just saying I didn't have to tell you to do anything. You guys just did your job without me saying anything and I'm glad you're here."

ET: "What is this? Some sort of freaking 'People Skills' thing? Don't you pull that stuff on me!"

He was getting a bit excited and I kind of let it go at that point. I didn't want him to get over agitated and have a stroke or something.

I just muttered to myself "Well, THAT went over good..." and then I wrote myself a mental note to never try and compliment ET when he's been drinking coffee half the night.

**sigh** I sure hope this stuff gets easier.

Hey! Only seven days left to vote on the Story Site! Vote early and often!

And here's what the weekend is going to look like:
Saturday: Festival Of Latest Novelties, Christmas Eve and National Egg Nog Day.
Sunday: National Comic Book Day, Christmas, A'phabet or "No-L" Day and National Pumpkin Pie Day.
Monday: National Good Neighbor Day and National Pancake Day, Boxing Day, National Candy Cane Day, National Thank-You Note Day and Whiners Day.

Have yourself a merry little solstice....

3 comments:

  1. It's unfortunate that National Comic Book Day with forever be overshadowed by Christmas. I guess it's all a matter of priorities.

    Merry Comic Book Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan's comment made me laugh!

    I've dropped everything, just to rush over here, on Christmas morning no less, to wish you and yours, a very Merry Christmas.

    I hope Santa was good to you (thinking comic collection); enjoy your time off; relish the moments, they come and go too quickly.

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan- Really, you would think that was more the more important of the two, after all!

    Jenny- You didn't have to go out of your way, you know. (grin) The day came and went and it was good. Hope yours was wonderful! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete