Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Freaking Tired

Well, here it is, twenty minutes after I usually give up and retire for the night and I just got out of the shower. Didn't get home until after 12:30.

I suspected it was going to be a bad day.

When I was driving to work I rolled my window down to bust off a chunk of ice keeping my mirror from moving. I hit the window button and the glass went shoonk! right down to the bottom of the door inside. Hopefully it didn't break.

So I turned around to go home. Ran in and asked Miz Rev to tape a piece of plastic up over the window hole and drove the van to work.

Things went okay from there until late in the evening. Had to put up with a few young punks fresh off the transfer bus with big mouths and crappy attitudes. Rather than make a deal of it and feed their gripes I just ignored them which pissed them off just a little bit.

Out on the yard with the Watcher and Silent Bob and Sgt BK. The BK stands for Billy the Kid. He wears his hat cowboy style and looks really young. It was the best I could come up with at the moment.

Anyway, we had a good time until right before 10:00 count when everything went south.

Some guy in 4 house decided he wanted to check in right before they locked down for the night. Had to hustle to get him to medical and down to the Hive.

Just as I was walking into the Hive with PC boy, they called a Code 70 in 7 house. A Code 70 is a fire or at least a fire alarm. They called it at about 9:59.

Got him dropped off and hustled across the camp to 7 house, since I'm on the fire brigade. They were evacuating the house and lining the inmates up in the yard to count them while we ran in and went from cell to cell, checking for an actual fire.

While we were doing that, they counted the inmates outside in the yard.

Just as we got the house cleared and the inmates run back inside, Lt Farmer points at us and says "All you guys are staying over. The Major is here and we have something we need to do. Let's go!"

So we all troop up to central and into the Majors office and he tells us we are going down to search the laundry. There was a tip that a large amount of money was hidden down there somewhere and we needed to find it.

Well, about 25 of us went down there and searched the place top to bottom. It was hot as heck. Many of us were still dressed for the yard with layers of clothes on since it was 30 degrees outside. It was also dirty and nasty in some of the places we searched. We all got hot and tired and filthy and found practically nothing. About seven dollars in loose change and a couple of cell phone chargers, but nothing significant.

And I'm sure the inmate workers in laundry are going to be pissed when they come back in next time. We made a mess of the place. Ah, well.

It needed to be done and it made us look good in front of the new Major so i guess it was worth it.

And I bet I'll sleep good tonight.

Wednesday is going to be National Cotton Candy Day, Pearl Harbor Day and Leggings day.

And that's good enough.


  1. So.... what happens to the $7.00 you guys found? Coffee fund or something? ;)

  2. Ah, the old loose window. That's a rough one. I've never one drop on me like that, though. That would scare the bejesus out of me. Usually they just start going all crooked when I roll them up and I have to guide them into the frame like a zen window master.

  3. JPT- It will go into evidence and then into the state's "general fund". Maybe we can buy a congressman or something.

    Bryan- It scared me. I was driving down the road and it just went "Schwoop!" down into the door. Cost me fifty bucks to get it fixed.