Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Double Time Again!

There's a real downer for ya. One facet of getting promoted that really really sucked. Even though I worked a double just a couple of weeks ago it no longer counted and I was back at the top of the list again.

Of the five new promotees, only the Watcher and I are on third shift so that put us right at the top of the mandatory overtime list. And he, being the slick evil swine that he is, got himself immediately off the list by teaching a class on his day off. Grrr!

I'm kidding, of course. I tried to do something like that myself. They just didn't need any extra sergeants on my days off. **sigh**

I actually volunteered to work over last night. The training office called and said I was scheduled for some more of the surprise training on Wednesday and Thursday. I had no clue that was coming. Alot like the last class. If I hadn't worked over last night they would have snagged me tonight and there's no way I could work sixteen hours then try to stay awake for another eight hour class immediately afterwards.

Please do forgive me if I ramble a bit. I just woke up. Managed to get about three hours sleep after I got home this morning. Phew.

ABOUT EIGHT HOURS LATER

Well, i went in and stayed about five hours and went home. They had enough people and I was dead on my feet.

I have to be up at about six in the morning for training for the next two days. Yuck.

I
Am
Going
To
Bed

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I did it by working Honor Guard at the Christmas party. I earned 2 hours OT in 20 minutes, and ended up winning the TV. Sgt Rev, you need to hone your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sgt Drew- I'm really going to have to work on that. This nonsense is making me old before my time...

    ReplyDelete