Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Going To Feel That In The Morning

Thought I would go ahead and post tonight since I am probably going to be very sore in the morning. I can already feel all of my muscles tightening up.

They made me run tonight.

Not very far, thank the gawds. But I did run as fast as I could.

Sitting out on the rec yard, about 9:15pm. I had about half an hour to go before I went home. Just killing time. The shift was almost over and things were good. We'd had a pretty good day up to that point.

Then I hear the call: "10-5, housing unit 3!"

For those of you who might be new, a 10-5 call is "Officer Needs Assistance". It sounds more professional than calling "Help!" or even "Hey Rube!" over the radio.

A more literal translation is "I need help right freaking now!!!"

So I got up and ran. Out of the rec yard and through C-wing and halfway through the sally port before the Control Center even picked up the call and relayed it. Luckily Miz M up in the bubble got the door open for me so I didn't have to stop and wait. I got just up past the gate out onto the yard before they called and 10-6ed the call.

Again, for those of you who might be new, 10-6 means "Situation Under Control."

I was glad to hear that so I could stop running. I'm getting too old for this crap.

I think the working out on the treadmill is helping, tho. I was nowhere as near to being out of breath as I used to be. But I wish they would give me some warning so I could stretch a little first.

They got the knucklehead down to the house and in a cell and BG and I left. Stopped to talk to Vinnie on the way out for a minute and I could feel all of my muscles starting to tighten up. I took one of my anti inflammatory pills and drove on home. And I'm stiffening up here in my chair right now.

I'm going to feel it in the morning, I'm sure.

At least I know I can still move when I need to. Or when someone else needs me to.

But the aftermath purely sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment