Thursday, November 24, 2011

Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight

We lost another good friend this morning.

Miz Double J, Choppers wife, passed away this morning after a long and difficult fight with cancer.

I didn't know her as well as I wish I had. But she was a nice sweet lady always quick with a smile and a laugh and the few times I needed her help she was always willing to lend a hand. Ladies like her are one in a million.

And there was something about her that always made me think of lavender. I'm not sure exactly why.

We all missed her when she quit working because of her health and we will miss her even more now that she's gone.

Please keep Chopper and his family in your thoughts and help them pull through this difficult time.

Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend. I'll have you all in my thoughts when I go to the hospice memorial service tonight.
    On a different note, congratulations on getting the sergeant interview! I hope it all turns out the way you want. Remember to breath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolamouse- Thank you and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hold your friend and his family in my thoughts and my daily talk with the Universe.
    This is never an easy time but with supportive friends like you on board your friend, Chopper, and his family, will pull through.

    This is a very touching and heartfelt post - I can feel your sadness.

    And...lavender is such a wonderful scent to have as a remembrance of Miz Double J.

    Jenny
    PEARSON REPORT

    ReplyDelete