Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Anticipation Is Making Me Crazy(er)

Every day, sometimes several times a day someone asks "Did you get a letter yet?"

Nobody can say for sure if they have sent them out or not or when they will. And every day I go out and get the mail with a little knot of anxiety in the pit of my stomach.

I'd like to promote... I think. I suspect that I would be at least competent at it and at best I might just keep someone from getting hurt. The worst thing that could happen is someone will say "Hey, you really suck at this, dude."

I just want them to send out the dang letters so I'll know if I get an interview and then get the interview over with.

After that, waiting for their decision will be a cake walk. That will be the easy part. I know I'll be up against some stiff competition. The Watcher and Abel and Stubby and T. Wayne and Miz Havoc on days. More of them I can't think of right at the moment. Plus anybody that might try to transfer from another camp. I don't really look at them as "competition". I look at them (the ones from here, anyway) as friends who are trying to promote at the same time as I am.

Personally I hope they all make it and I will be happy if and when they do.

I just want to get the preliminaries over with. It's making me crazy.

Here's the weekend lineup:
Saturday: National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day, National Gaming Day and National Domino Day.

Sunday: National Indian Pudding Day, International Tongue Twister Day and World Kindness Day.

Monday: Operation Room Nurse Day, Loosen Up And Lighten Up Day, National American Teddy Bear Day, National Girls Day and National Guacamole Day.

Hmm... Girls, teddy bears and guacamole? Sounds like fun!

5 comments:

  1. The waiting sucks - but in the meantime there's always those "girls, teddy bears and guacamole" to keep you distracted.

    Keep smiling, it'll make them think you really don't care one way or the other!

    Cheers, Jenny

    PEARSON REPORT

    I just have to add - because it's just too funny - my WV is "goners".
    Definition of "goners" - all those "others" applying for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt in a similar way when I went for the manager role I currently sit in. Waiting for that moment of being told you suck too much or the man they have been looking for can be a bit stressful. A pack and a half a day kind of stress, at best.

    Safeword: milrywov

    What people in wood mills do during lunch hour that most turn a blind eye against. If a man pokes another man in the woods, does it make a sound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. FlyinMonkey- You have to be next, you know. I'll be waiting.

    Bryan- I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was.

    Jenny- I don't care all that much for teddy bears or guacamole, but... Wheee!

    Scott- I suspect this waiting process is part of the test.

    ReplyDelete