Well, I went. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. Was feeling a bit better this morning but I think I got a little overheated and over-exerted myself.
Got those little sparkly things in my eyes you get right before you pass out.
That wasn't cool.
Made me feel weak and I hate that. I'm not overly macho, but I hate being the weak link in the chain. It pisses me off.
I didn't know that they were going to actually zap us with the stun shield, either. That wasn't as bead as I thought it was going to be. Working in neon shops I actually got stronger shocks from the transformers for signs than I did from that thing.
The shield was higher voltage than your average neon transformer (75,000 v as compared to 15,000 to 25,000 v) but lower amperage ( 3ma opposed to 30ma for neon). I'm not exactly clear on how that works. I'm no electrical engineer.
The shield will make you jump and want to get away or do whatever it takes to make it to stop. It's very uncomfortable and not something I would want to go through willingly. After a few seconds it made your muscles want to seize up. Getting hit with a neon transformer will almost make you pee on yourself. Even if you are expecting it.
Anyway, I survived. Got zapped four or five times and did a few mock movement teams. They made me sit out the last half an hour of the class, tho. Apparently I went fairly white. Dang.
I imagine I will go back to work tomorrow. As long as I try not to overdo it, I should be fine. There's always the chance I will have to do something crazy, but that's the chance you take.
Time will tell.
"The Call of the Riled" - By Jerry Zezima Stamford Advocate If you were to call me on my old iPhone to ask when telephone technology reached its peak, I would have told you it was th...
1 week ago