Sunday, June 14, 2009

In The Dark 2


There I was, just minding my own business.... reading "Crock" on the Seattle PI's website, drinking coffee and trying to wake up. My morning routine.

Suddenly there was a large explosion outside and all of our power went out.

Snap! It very nearly scared the pee out of me. That was about 8:30 this morning. The power just came back on a few minutes ago.

I spent most of the morning out on the front porch reading a book and wishing I had a coffee pot that I could throw on the barbecue grill. May have to invest in one of those. Like the one in Sportsman's Guide.

I went in early to take a shower before the hot water cooled off too much. Fortunately, one of the purchases the wife made at that auction we went to a few months ago (aside from hundreds of books) was two boxes of little battery operated lanterns. One of them was almost enough light to shower by. I should have taken two. It's a good thing I shave by touch and not with a mirror or it would have turned into the shower scene from Psycho.

So now my routine is all thrown off. Pfui.

I'm going to go finish reading the comics.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's were a crank light and radio would come in handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tango- It just goes to show how painfully short of emergency supplies I am. If disaster struck, I'd be screwed.

    ReplyDelete