Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whoops

I began a long rant last night about the amount of paperwork that consumes each day at work. I had railed for a bit about how we obsess over the "numbers" and how if the numbers don't add up we get kind of panicky and call for help and don't walk away from it until the numbers all add up. It's understandable, since we don't need for anyone to get misplaced, but it's still annoying. And I was annoyed because instead of doing things where I could move around and make things happen, I spent my whole shift doing paperwork and keeping up with the numbers. It was my day. At any rate, I had this long rant going and was working myself up to a feverish crescendo when a storm rolled through and our power went out. Lost quite a bit of what I had just written and by the time the power was restored I had lost the thread of what I was saying and dumped the whole thing. It wasn't a very good post anyway. Today is someone else's day to play with the paperwork and the numbers. Maybe something interesting will happen. It's tuesday, which is one of our busiest days. I'm sure I'll have something to say when I get home. BTW... it's really dark back in the corner where my desk is when there's no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment