Thursday, September 4, 2008

Schizo


Sometimes I seem to have some difficulty making the jump from work to home. Not the travelling part, that's easy. I just jump in the truck and my mental autopilot takes over and the next thing I know I'm pulling in the driveway. It's the mental and attitudinal transition I sometimes have a problem with. Everybody always says "When I walk out the front gate, I leave this place behind and I don't think about it at all." That's all fine and good if you can do that. It's not thinking about work that I have a problem with. It's the mindset, the need to be alert and moving all the time that gives me trouble. It's the ability to relax. After all this time I can only sit down and do nothing for about ten minutes at a time, then I have to get up and do something. All I have to do is get up and do something, just accomplish one thing, even if it's just getting more water in my cup even if I didn't need it or going to the bathroom or checking my email real quick. Then I can sit back down for a little bit longer. My kids will tell you that I can sit at my computer for hours on end, but they are so used to me moving about that they didn't see all the times I got up to do something else. I didn't notice this until about a year ago when I finally realized that it takes me three hours to watch a two hour movie on the dvd player. I suspect that there may be an element of OCD working it's way into my subconcious. Is it becoming a problem in my life? No, not really. Between work and the things going on at home with the kids it's no real suprise that relaxing is a hard thing to do right now. It doesn't seem to be affecting me mentally or physically...... not that I've noticed, anyway. And the tinfoil in my hat is NECESSARY to keep the satellites from beaming messages into my head! (grin) I think there's just too much going on in my life right now. Hopefully things will slow down a bit soon. A few odds and ends to clean up at the moment, but maybe in a year or three when the last of the kids go off to college and I finally get tired of working AdSeg I can learn to put my feet up for awhile. Deep breath.... deeeep breath..... let it out....... ahhhhhh.

3 comments:

  1. I know people in business for themselves that can't turn off either. I live to be in the off position and I have to spark myself into motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find the "off" switch. My blog has been helping some. It has created a pressure valve of sorts. And it was reading your blog that helped me create my own. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off switch....there's a off switch. Wish someone would have told me that along time ago.....lol

    ReplyDelete