Monday, May 24, 2010

Not Completely Wasting My Time

Well, summer is officially here and it just got too hot all of the sudden. By ten or eleven it's too hot to be outside doing anything and my shop doesn't have any a/c, so I have been spending most of my time indoors.

It's relaxing, if a little boring.

To keep myself occupied I started watching teevee shows on the internet. I had heard about this anime series (it's funny, I just noticed my spellchecker does not contain the word "anime") called "Darker Than Black".

I won't tell you what it's about. That would take too long and you would get bored quickly. Let's suffice to say I never was a big fan of anime before but this show got my attention. It was interesting enough to make me watch all 25 episodes.

And hey, anything chock full of mutants and random violence is right up my alley. It's almost like being at work again.

If you are the least bit interested, you can watch the episodes at Funimation or at Chucky's favorite hangout Hulu. On Hulu they consider this to be an "adult themed" show, so you have to register (free) and attest you are over 18. There is violence, but no sex. If you want that, you have to go somewhere else.

It's odd to note that I first watched the episodes somewhere else in japanese with english subtitles. I had watched it for so long I was beginning to understand what they were saying without the subs, which was a little scary. And now watching it again on Hulu is weird because the voices don't match the ones I remember. They're not bad, they are just different.

If you have a few hours to kill, I give this show three thumbs up. But be warned: you will watch the first episode and say "What the snap is going on here?" Then you will watch the rest of them to figure it out.

That's how it got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment