Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm Not Homophobic

Which is probably a good thing, working where I do. I've always said, I don't care what someones sexual preference is as long as it doesn't involve children or animals.

I guess I should quantify that even further. I don't care what two (or more) consenting adults do as long as it doesn't involve anything illegal. But don't involve me in it. I don't want to see it, I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to talk about it, don't let me catch you doing it and do not get into my face about it or we will have problems.

I guess it's kind of like the now-obsolete "Don't ask- don't tell" policy. When it comes to inmates, keep your nasty pie hole shut about what you like to do to whom.

But so much of the conversation in the Hive revolves around sex that it's hard to get away from it and even harder not to hear it for eight hours a day.

And right now we have several "flamers" in our house. And BG and I ended up taking them out to rec tonight. One guy came out of his cell with his hair all up and shiny and his pants as tight as he could get them and his t-shirt tied in a little knot off to the side. He came out of the cell in cuffs with his hips just a-switchin' back and forth and strutted back and forth in front of the wing while we got the rest of them out.

And for some strange reason, a bunch of those who had refused to come out to rec suddenly wanted to go out now.

That one called everybody "honey" and flirted shamelessly for the whole hour.

That wasn't too bad.

The next round we took out this homely little troll out of A-25 that looks for all the world like Richard Simmons and Kathy Bates love child. He spent the whole hour talking about his "husband" over on B-side of the camp and getting in everybody's face about how he was and talking about how many men were after him over there.

The first one I just ignored because he was fairly quiet but that second twit got on my nerves rather quickly and I desperately wanted to find something to write him up for so I wouldn't have to take him out for rec anymore. It's either that or I am going to say something not nice and not at all professional.

Be proud of who you are. That's fine.

But don' do it out on my rec yard.

1 comment:

  1. Where are a the incestuous, cannabalistic, homosexual-devouring aliens when you really need them? Of course, I'm talking about Riff Raff and Magenta from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

    ReplyDelete