Monday, December 8, 2008

Training: Day #1


Well, gee... that was fun. CPR and First Aid and the AED (Automatic Electronic Defibrillator) all day long. Lots of breaks, a long lunch and I managed to laugh until I cried a few times. It's so strange. I sat between two people. One who is like the perennial class clown and another who is this AJ Squared Away Mr. High & Tight Haircut who looks like he's all business. The class clown stayed pretty quiet during the whole class and Mr. Military Haircut managed to keep me in stitches all day. OK, I'll admit I was to blame for some of the silliness. He was just so easy. There were times when all I had to do was look at him out of the corner of my eye and he'd snort and a cackle would slip out and set me off. And make just the slightest innuendo and he'd turn beet red. And when the poor instructors would look our way, I'd point at him, which made it worse. I think it helped keep people awake and attentive.


And it wasn't just us. Our class clown kept his fingers in the pie every now and then. Which was cool and made me look even more innocent in the whole deal. While the attention was drawn to them, I sat there innocently doodling odd stuff in my notebook and trying to look aggrieved by the actions of my classmates. But now my secret's out so I'll have to come up with a new strategy.


Hmmmmmmmm...... what to do, what to do.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some of the training we do where I work. Guess which one I am Clown, Military or You, (the maestro)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can easily imagine you playing any of those roles, Auntie dear. To perfection. Whichever one suits your purpose at the moment.

    ReplyDelete