Friday, June 15, 2012

Not Dead Yet


Well, that was a dumb move on my part.

I was going to be in training all the rest of the week and I fully intended (knowing it was going to mess with my sleeping schedule) to make an announcement that I wasn't going to post anything this week. Rather, I was just going to come home and go to bed instead of writing.

As a matter of fact, I did add that announcement at the end of my post for Monday night.

But when I went to publish that post blogger went kerflooey and it just disappeared. And I tend to type fast when I'm in the groove so when I went back to reopen the draft, I only got about half of the post. The autosave hadn't caught up with me before my post went poof.

Nuts.

I then had to try and recreate what I was going to say from memory. Obviously, I forgot to put in the bit about being in training all week.

So there you are.

In case you were wondering, I've been in training all week. Sergeants Skill Building. Kind of a distilled version of the training I got earlier in the year right after I promoted. But more focused on actually dealing with staff rather than making sure we knew that we weren't supposed to tie our boots together when we got dressed in the morning.

It was a small class. Only ten of us altogether, so we got alot of personal interaction and the classes went smooth and quick. The instructor was awesome and just dead sexy as well (in case he's reading this) and he kept things light and interesting for all four days. Plus it helped that he used to be one of us and he knew exactly where we were coming from when we had questions.

One of the things we touched on in class was social networking sites and how so many people shoot themselves in the foot on them.

Facebook and blogs.... and stuff. (rolls his eyes)

I do try to behave myself.

So.... another thirty two hours of training under my belt for the year. I'm up to seventy two hours so far. And the last week of the month I'll be in training for another forty.

Hopefully since I will have gotten almost three years worth of training hours in six months I won't have to do any more this year.

And just in case something happens and I forget to write it or blogger goes toes up on me again... I'LL BE IN TRAINING THE LAST WEEK OF THE MONTH AND I PROBABLY WON'T BE POSTING ANYTHING!!!

But then again I might, you never know.

So! Saturday I am back to work my regular shift again. And it will be National Hollerin' Contest Day, Bloom's Day, Fudge Day, Ladies Day for Baseball, Recess At Work Day and World Juggling Day.

And just in case you were wondering, everybody in the house is sick but me. Bronchitis.

Wife... Daughter... Both Grand kids.

Yikes.

3 comments:

  1. Bryan- That was the noise it made anyway. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there you are. mmmmm, dunno where 'you' are ... but might pester you with some sort of 'offbeat' Ausie humour ....
    nah, this bloke wears a "uniform".
    Dreadlocks, and sandals.

    ReplyDelete