Sunday, June 24, 2012

Change Of Plans

Well.... That changed. Whoops.

Supposed to be on my one day off before I start recert in the morning. That's how it goes. You get one day off before and one after.

Lt Sienna calls me this afternoon and says "Are you okay? You didn't come in to work and you didn't call in or anything!"

Whups. They had me down as a "no call no show" which is pretty bad. I splained that I was on my TDO (Training Day Off) before recert and he told me "We took you off of the list for recert. You're supposed to be here!"

I allowed as how it would have been nice if someone would have told me that. He agreed with me. Hopefully we can just write this off as miscommunication. I'll go ahead and burn another eight hours of sick leave and we'll call it good.

So I guess I'll go in and work my regular shift tomorrow.

That beats the heck out of getting up with the chickens to go to training, trust me. Let other folks, them "morning-type" people get up with the chickens. I'll sleep in with the dogs.

Monday is going to be Log Cabin Day, Color Teevee Day, Please Take My Children To Work Day and National Strawberry Parfait Day.

Dang chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment