Sunday, April 11, 2010

BG's Day

I have been working alongside BG for over six years now and I have alot of respect for the man. He has a keen mind and an almost obsessive work ethic and he's always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.

And the fact that he's the biggest guy in the house and not worried about getting his hands dirty when it comes down to a tussle just makes it all the better.

I worry on the days that I am not there that he isn't getting good help. Nothing I can do about it, but I still worry.

The last guy that was there on my days off was kind of a squirrel. He knew the job, but he was a squirrel. And, like all of the others in that spot, he lasted less than a year. It seems he was having commute problems so he transferred to a facility closer to his home.

Can't really blame him there.

I wonder why nobody ever lasts very long in that spot? It's a mystery.

Anyway, the job is back up for bid and we hope somebody decent will get it. In the meantime, we get utilities. And not always the ones who have worked the Hive and know the drill. Sometimes we get brand new people who don't have a clue.

I do so just adore having to train people on the fly. It adds to the excitement.

Friday, while I was at home building chairs in my shop, BG was at work. He took the utility under his wing and they did a 2:00 rec round. As they were bringing them back inside, the control center closed the yards.

Apparently it was a surprise E-Squad search so they locked the place down. It happens.

Well, with the yards closed, they had to call the houses to get our food service workers released down to work. It took them a while to get there and dinner was late.

Normally, on a good day, we can get the workers in and stripped out and get the truck unloaded, feed the house, pick up trays and get the truck loaded again and the workers back out of the house by 5:15. Friday it was closer to 6:15.

There was just time to run in and check the rec list and get going if they were going to get three rounds out.

The problem that arose: The knucklehead in C-5 was discovered to have thrown food and poop all over his cell.

Oh, nice.

That put a kink in their plans.

I think it was at that time that we also discovered that we no longer have a biohazard worker on our side of the camp. If we need a bio cleanup we have to call over to B-side and have them send their guy all the way over.

Snappy.

So they had one poopy guy in the shower in C-wing, one refusing a cellie on the bench in B-wing, and poor BG standing there holding his rec list and not being able to go.

He eventually managed to get a couple of rounds out after the wing had aired out a little bit.

Hell, even if I had been there it probably wouldn't have been any better. I might theoretically have even made it worse. You never know.

But I still hope we get someone good to help him those two days.

Gawds know he could use some good help.

No comments:

Post a Comment