Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And the hits just keep coming!

I knew it was coming...... the paper chase again. We didn't finish the paperwork from the fracas yesterday and I knew we'd have to deal with it today. I thought I'd go down to the house, relieve first shift on time and when I got someone down to relieve me in an hour or so, I'd go up and finish. Oh, nooooo.....

Sarge grabbed me a soon as I walked in to sign in and said "Let's go to the office and get started."

Never even made it to the house. First shift got relieved late. That sucks. If nothing else, I pride myself on being good relief.

Part of the problem was that there were too many people involved. Let alone the fact that there was five of us dogpiled on a hundred sixty pound inmate (and my legs), there were so many people there that nobody could remember or agree on what we all were doing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad everybody showed up. It could have gone wrong and somebody might have gotten seriously hurt. But there's a fine line between having enough people to handle the situation and a clusterf**k. When it happened, it was enough people plus a few to stand by. On paper, it was a cluster.

I spent an hour and a half yesterday and close to three hours today dealing with an incident that was over in five minutes.

We should just make a copy of the wing video and say "Here. This is what happened." And that should be the end of it.

Yeah, in a perfect world........

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you might enjoy a local blogger who spent some time in the clink, and sometimes blogs about it. As he did today. Check out the Midtown Miscreant.

    http://midtownmiscreant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miz D! And thanks for the referral, too! I went and looked. Miscreant looks like my kind of guy! (grin)

    ReplyDelete