Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pure laziness

I spent the day yesterday avoiding work when I could. I did what needed to be done, but I avoided putting in any extra effort. That's not really like me, most days. But when Sarge asked me if I had C-wing, I reminded him it was someone else's day for that. I took B-wing and stayed out of the drama and spent a good portion of my day out front smoking. Oddly, it takes more work to avoid work some days. I had to do both counts and both med passes just to avoid doing the things I had tagged as "work".

I pride myself in being a hard worker. I didn't always have that ethic. My brain is wired funny and some of the most obvious things only come to me after taking the long way 'round.

I think I'll try to take the bubble again this weekend. Sometimes that's more work and worry than being on the floor, but it doesn't "feel" like work. It's not the same old thing. And it gives me time to be alone in my head. All I do is tune out the noise and listen for the danger sounds. I've gotten good at that. I think I'd be a good bubble officer but I get physically bored up there and tend to eat too much.

Hmmm..... not a very interesting post. I'll try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment